Friday, September 09, 2005

Zacharya, Jorgen and the other guy

Yesterday, a man walked into Shearwater asking about a part to modify his roof rack for his kayak. I referred him to the place we usually refer people to for roof racks, which is in Mt. Vernon, the next town over from Anacortes on the mainland. (Anacortes is where the ferry docks.) He indicated that he needed something on-island, so I recommended that he talk to one of the local blacksmiths. Let me repeat, I recommended that he talk to one of the local blacksmiths. We have at least three blacksmiths on the island. How cool is that? At least one of them has his master's degree in blacksmithing.

I just thought that in the middle of sharing my internal dialogues about my self-identity, I'd share a little local flavor, which is the stated intent of this blog. Blacksmiths.

No comments: