Saturday, September 10, 2005

Only Boring People are Bored.

My Grandma says that. I gues today, people would be rolling their eyes and making excuses rather than continue talking to me because I"m BORED.

It's an interesting sensation. I haven't been bored in a long time. My quiet moments were so taken up with grieving and healing that I never noticed when I had nothing to do.

This is my third day in a row at Shearwater by myself. Everyone else has up and gone to the Sea Kayak Symposium in Port Townsend for the weekend. So this job that is normally very social because the owners are usually in and out and very busy because of tourists is very dead since the season is close to over. So, I'm bored.

It's the kind of boredom that seems to feed upon itself. Because there is nothing to do, I don't want to do anything. I don't want to catch up on email. I don't want to put together the address list for my Welcome Home party. I don't want to surf blogs. I definitely don't want to clean or organize.

Of course, just as I wrote that, four people came into the store and it was a big party. But before that, I was BORED. And for a long time. I guess tomorrow, I might write a post about how bored I am so people will come visit me again. Be prepared. Cause and effect. I love it.

No comments: