Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Simple

It's been a roller coaster day. I had a little show-down with the ED, which sucked. Then, I tried on my dress to get it fitted one last time and we took another inch and a half off the hips, which was cool on two levels. Then, I got a free gyro to celebrate Free Gyros Day, which was awesome. I sat in a park on a mid-seventies day with my back to the traffic and my face in the sun and just read for an hour, which was soothing. I racked my brain for a chuppah solution and finally decided to spend the money on buying one, which took a load off. I've need a nap for the last two hours, but every time I try to close my eyes, my brain won't stop problem-solving, which sucks.

But this made me laugh for the juxtaposition of simplicity and complexity.



Call me immature if you must, but I laughed. Today. I laughed. There's blessing there.

4 comments:

Jessica Young said...

Some days, only the crassest comedy will scratch the itch, you know?
I'm sorry your attempts to resolve this problem have been a stress to you, and that the problem even existed in the first place. Shit.

amy said...

sometimes it is a laugh at something really random that makes all the difference. i am notorious for being really grumpy and then bursting out hysterically uncontrollably laughing at some really little thing that isn't even funny. but then i feel better afterward. So glad you had that laugh today. and i am home now so if you need a buddy to sit and read with or make you a cuppa call me. and i will see you Saturday.

Jake and Jess said...

as i'm dying laughing, jake, in a stern voice look at me and shares, "You laugh because it's not your testicles." possibly true. :)

Unknown said...

Love the video!! Needed to see that tonight.

Looks like you have good friends who have some solutions to your chuppah chuppah of burning love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM

The good news you might be able to sell your chuppah poles to a new and/or unaffiliated rabbi: "Have chuppah, will travel."

Another idea or two: put a notice up on the synagogue bulletin board offering it to couples at a rate lower than what the synagogue is charging [free?] or give them to the synagogue as donation so this doesn't happen to someone else.

Sending you calming energy....