Thursday, February 21, 2008

The brightness of God

It's no secret that I'm in a little bit of a lonely funk. However, it is not a consistent darkness. I am somewhat amazed how much joy I feel in the majority of moments. And I getting closer and closer to feeling contentment in the rest that the moments, rather than fighting within them to feel something else, creating more discord. When God sends bitterness, we should feel it, right?

Yesterday, my best friend from high school, who I grow closer to every week, sent me some wonderful pictures.

This is why I craft. It is the gift that keeps giving back to me.

I have been seeking refuge at her house to sit in her stillness and grounded-ness and to hold her babies and read them books.

Are there even words for the feeling you feel when a baby falls asleep on your chest?

Carl Sandburg said that that a baby is God's opinion that life should go on.

While I'm certainly not anywhere near thinking that life shouldn't go on, still, it's comforting that God thinks otherwise.

1 comment:

Christy said...

"Don't be afraid to encounter loneliness. It is a rare opportunity to make friends with oneself." ("Tibetan Proverb" according to the postcard I have with this quote) See you soon!