Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Doe Bay Cafe

There is nothing quite like getting naked with your colleagues after to work to sit and steam or boil all of the aches and pains out of your body in the company spa.

Waiting tables went extremely well. The chefs are fantastic. Without exagerration, every single plate came back completely clean with the scrape marks from the utensils clearly visible. That makes my job very easy. The kitchen staff is fantastic. I feel like I've finally found my people here on the island. We were all at the bookstore yesterday and discovered that we've read pretty much the same books. I'm going to loan them my copy of Cryptonomicron. We make fun of each other and tease and are as sarcastic as we want to be because we're not worried that we'll hurt the sensitive islanders' feelings. It's very relaxing to be in that environment again. I think the word I want to use is, "sympatico." There was just an immediate understanding between the three of us that we liked each other. The Head Chef is MArissa and her assistant is a guy named Bisquan (pronounced Bi-shan). They asked me to take the shift Sunday night as well. So, I worked at the Exchange Friday, prepped for the Farmer's Market Friday night, did the Farmer's Market Saturday, worked 8 hours at the restaurant on Saturday night, worked at the Exchange Sunday, and then 6 hours at the restaurant Sunday night. I think a sit in the sauna and a soak in the tubs was well-earned. I'm excited about the rest of the summer at the Doe Bay Cafe.

No comments: