Monday, February 28, 2005

Alright! Alright! Who's down with G-O-D?

Please rent the movie Saved.

Regardless of anything you have heard or read, rent and watch this movie. Because I asked you to. Trust me just this once. It’s a phenomenal portrayal of real people learning that God loves them regardless of their mistakes.

I believed all of these characters, even the huge goofballs. Maybe it is where I am in my life right now, but I completely empathize with their desire to believe the rules are black and white and their sense of both betrayal and freedom as they try to figure out just how much grey is acceptable.

I think that the people involved with this movie show so much for respect for the faith of Christians and accurately portrays the struggle that faith involves and the beauty of grace. Please take the time to watch it.

No comments: