Friday, September 28, 2012

What do I do? I'm a writer.

I just sold my first piece of writing.  Folks here will find it very familiar but after this one, I'm writing original essays (probably on themes you have heard about) for the same editor.

http://www.interfaithfamily.com/life_cycle/pregnancy_and_birth_ceremonies/Welcoming_Esther_a_Simchat_Bat.shtmlhttp://www.interfaithfamily.com/life_cycle/pregnancy_and_birth_ceremonies/Welcoming_Esther_a_Simchat_Bat.shtml

The website recommends choosing one religion or another for interfaith families but I appreciated that they didn't cut out the bits of our story that communicated that we were raising Esther in both faiths.

I keep going back to the website because they offer really good resources about how Jews actually go about the business of being Jews, in all the different traditions and this is unique on the internet, as far as I have found.

You should go.  Make a comment.  Or come back here and make one.  Or better yet, tell me what you'd like me to write about next in 800-1100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Good to see that the expensive liberal arts college that your mother and I sacrificed to pay the tuition is finally paying off. love, the dad
(PS - I think your the best writer since Emily Dickinson and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. But I'm the dad and I'm a bit biased.)